Dental SEO(search engine optimization) is the process of making your dental practice appear higher in search engine results. Therefore, if you want to be found online by patients, you need an SEO dental marketing strategy. It makes it easier for potential patients to find you when they need you. It is an inbound marketing tactic for reaching out to patients whether they want to hear from you or not.
Benefits of Dental Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization is something you just have to get right since every dentist wants to be ranked first on Google, but not every dentist can be there.
- Dental SEO increases your practice’s searchability and visibility in search results in search engines like Google, Bing, Yelp, etc
- It helps dentists to build trust and credibility with patients. People believe that dentists that appear in top positions of search results are better. For this reason, the higher you rank in searches, the more likely potential patients will trust you and click on your website.
- This an effective way to draw new patients to your practice as it drives more traffic to your website, high-quality leads, and conversion rate.
- Dental SEO is the backbone of a modern online marketing strategy for dental practices since dentists cannot effectively market their practice without SEO.
- With a dental website SEO strategy of your own, you can keep up with your competitors, or even better, rise to the top and stand out as the best choice to patients.
- SEO for dentists translates into a better website user experience as potential patients find what they need on your website and in turn improve your SEO ranking.
- With a Dental SEO strategy of your own, you can see results without a paid marketing approach.
Google Search Algorithm
Google’s local search algorithm is proprietary as you can check to see how well Google has indexed your website content by searching Google using the site command like this: site:yoursite.com. Google looks to the surrounding content, the alt tag, and the filename among other things to figure out what an image on your dental practice website is about. Each page title and description must be unique and descriptive of the page content. Follow Google’s recommendations for content like photos of the inside and outside of your dental practice. Your dental practice and voice search (Google Home, Alexa, Siri) One of the biggest changes to the search landscape in recent years is the rise of voice and mobile search.
Factors that Affects SEO Ranking:
- Website user experience
- On-page optimization of your website
- Domain age
- Geographic location
- Quality of your website content and the value it provides to visitors
- Number and recency of reviews
- People linking to your site
- Number of times your business information is listed online and where it is listed
- What visitors do when they find your site
- How well do the search engines understand what your site is about, where you do it, and who your customers are
- Accurate NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) data for your dental practice
- Relevant keywords including content, location, dental specialties, services, and contact information
- A fast loading website: In fact, studies have shown even 100ms delays in page load time correlate with lower conversion rates. Load time and page speed are very important as people click around the web and in and out of pages in fractions of a second
- Mobile-friendly – Google is moving to a mobile-first search index that favors sites that are designed for use on a smartphone and tablet
- Secure – Google will start marking all dentist sites without an SSL certificate as insecure
Google My Business
Google My Business You can also get more dental patients by making sure your Google My Business listing is optimized. We know you aren’t looking for just any dental patient – you want to attract the attention of your ideal patient.
The landscape of dental website SEO and link building is always changing, and today, the importance of building high-quality links has never been higher. There are two fundamental ways that the search engines use links: To discover new web pages and to determine how well a page should rank in its results. Build links to your site Do-follow links from industry sites and other businesses in your community are important for boosting your domain authority. You should also make sure that you have a very good backlink profile and that your link building falls within best practices and Google’s guidelines.
Google Analytics is the easiest way to track activity and see reports about the success or failure of your website and digital marketing efforts. Google Analytics & SEO for dental websites go hand in hand as they can offer insight into your traffic and how your pages are being indexed. In Google Analytics, you can navigate to Behavior > Site Speed > Overview to get a snapshot of your site’s average page load speed.
Online reviews are more important than ever for boosting your practice and SEO for dental website. It can help your dental practice rank higher on local maps when people search for dentists in your area. Our website SEO specialists are experts at on-site optimization and the latest organic search ranking strategies. Put up a sign-up in your practice asking for online reviews.
It’s important to include a map because data shows 86% of people check the business location on Google Maps before visiting. Google Maps are a must-have feature on your contact page. Add your practice to Google Maps If you’ve ever searched for a local business or service, then you know that the first result that appears is usually a map directory. Include your business hours, the date your business location was opened, a detailed description of your business, and any relevant attributes. You’ll want to be sure your page is optimized with all of your business location information, your practice’s story, a great cover photo or video, and information about the services you specialize in.
Although outsourcing dental SEO efforts are not always necessary, hiring a dental website SEO company might be a wise investment depending on the competition in your area. Our SEO team’s intimate knowledge of the structure and details of your website allows them to deliver effective optimization by providing relevant, quality content for searchers and search engines. Even if you have a team of amazing writers cranking high-quality content, rich with SEO for dental websites, Google will likely be unable to find it if your titles and URLs are messy. Digitooth Designs make sure your practice is not only added on Google Maps but optimized to rank as high as possible on this list.
Services and Location:
At DigitoothDesigns, we include the practice address, hours of operation, and contact information on every page in the footer and header of your website. There are sections for listing your website, hours of operation, photos, and category as well. Also, make sure that you’ve correctly filled out the hours of operation and other details.
Your SEO writers should create effective marketing content around these search terms, including landing pages and blogs with unique, targeted copy for optimum search engine visibility. That involves conducting keyword research for every single page on your website and ensuring those keywords are included in headings, meta info, and copy Bonus: Keyword research tips for dentists Keyword research is how you learn what your potential patients are typing into search engines when they look for the dental services you provide.
Typically, your main keywords will be dentist + (location) or dental services + (location), etc. If your website set up is using targeted keywords for your dental practice and your metadata is optimized, another way to boost your search engine rankings is by adding more content or optimizing the content that you have.
There is no better time than now to have a quality dental website and solid SEO processes in place as you want to use the highest volume search terms that are used to describe your dental services. User experience is a huge SEO ranking factor that up-to-date SEO pros put lots of energy into constantly refining. The biggest off-site SEO ranking factor for dentists is the number of sites/places on the internet that link to or talk about your website. The best SEO translates into a better website user experience Good SEO strategies put a lot of emphasis on website user experience since the primary goal of Google and other search engines is to deliver the best user experience possible. SEO for dentists takes a considerable effort, loads of work, and analysis over time as it makes your website easily found by current and prospective patients.
Whether you are seeking people looking for emergency dental care, or clients needing a dental implant or even a full smile makeover – we implement digital strategies for dentists designed to hone your online presence and optimize your Internet marketing efforts to maximize your return on investment. Contact Us